September 2, 2009

Thank You, HBO!

I'm a big fan of HBO. I was a big Sopranos fan, I love Entourage, Curb Your Enthusiasm, and I enjoy Hung and I've recently really got into the absurd - but entertaining - True Blood. Today HBO released some more good news: they've greenlit an 11 episode season of Boardwalk Empire, a new series from executive producer Martin Scorsese. The series will be set in the 1920's in Atlantic City and will focus on a character descirbed as "equal parts politician and gangster" that will be played by the always good Steve Buscemi.

Not won over yet? Well, the pilot episode will be directed by Scorsese himself who, by the way, is going to be a "hands-on producer" on the series. Need more? Well, the show was created by Terence Winter, a multi-Emmy winning producer from the Sopranos, and Entourage executive producer Mark Wahlberg will also produce. The show should arrive around this time next year.

I haven't been this excited about a television show since I heard about Love Court.

1 comment:

  1. They're also producing a Savage Love pilot. That's what I'M excited about.

    ReplyDelete