March 14, 2010

I'm Way Into Children's Choirs


I've talked about my love for Phoenix before, so it's no surprise I'm a fan of this; though it might be a bit of surprise I'm digging on Public School choir groups. By now, you've likely heard of the PS22 Chorus because their YouTube videos, amazingly, have had over 15,000,000 views. The choir is made up of fifth graders from a public school in Graniteville, Staten Island and have performed at Madison Square Garden, Radio City Music Hall and for artists like Tori Amos and with artists like Hot Chip. They've gigged with Common, Crowded House and Stevie Nicks. This choir, it's safe to say, has blown up. Here's their most recent creation, a choral version of Phoenix's track Lisztomania. For more of their music, check out their blog.

Thanks to Johnny Hockin for bringing this to my attention.

No comments:

Post a Comment