May 29, 2010

Ladies and Gentlemen: Iron Baby!



I haven't seen Iron Man 2 yet, but I suspect that I might enjoy this brief spoof video more then I will the mega-sequel.  Made by French-Canadian writer, director and animator Patrick Boivin; and starring his adorable daughter Marguerite, this little short tells the story of a billionaire genius baby (I know, I know, what a cliche, but bear with me) who develops the ultimate weapon: the Iron Baby suit.   Instead of slaughtering legions of terrorists, or a bald Jeff Bridges, Iron Baby lays waste to an army of evil stuffed bunnies.  Boivin is totally self-taught.  He shoots, lights and edits his work and also works in animation, dabbles in music and special effects as well.   You can check out more of his work on his YouTube channel. The impressive visual effects are courtesy of a Quebec based firm Strob.  Check out more of their shit here.

No comments:

Post a Comment